Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Lucky Ali

Now a days I have started liking Lucky Ali. Not that, I didn't like his songs before. But now a days I have started re-appreciating the beauty of his songs and their meaningful wordings. Commonality in almost all of his songs is his distinctive music style (which I cannot put in words, being an illiterate in this field), and his husky carefree voice.

On reading his biography, I came to know that he is actually an avid traveler as he portrays in most of his songs.
Moving from one place to another, appreciating the distinctness of those places, still detached from everything. His lyrics are meaningful, still very simple and are easy to hum.

I guess, one more reason I love his songs now a days is, his staying-away-from-home-and-missing-it-too-much theme. I can imagine myself there singing, roaming on those streets. :)

His music videos aren't posh or flashy. But they have a rustic touch which brings you closer to his songs.

To finish off my post, I leave you with one of my favorite numbers by Lucky Ali - Anjani Rahon Mein. (Translation - In strange streets...)

2 comments:

Meghna Bhujwala said...

I love lucky too..especially these days..his lyrics giv me the feeling of this wandering soul trying to love and earn love!!

Sankalp Shere said...

:)

Quote of the day