Saturday, June 23, 2007

Going to US. Is it a big deal???

me: I am going to so and so univ.
x: Oh great!!! So your life is set..
me: (What to say on this?)
me (To myself) :Ghanta!!! New life is gonna start now, forget about setting up.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

me: yaa, I am going for higher studies to US.
y: Wow!!! So, are you gonna come back???
me(To myself) : In which world do you live, buddy??? I am not going to another planet :P :P :P
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

z: Remember me when you go there.
me: Come on, How can I forget you?
me(To myself): I am not suffering from amnesia, dude :P
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now a days I am facing such countless occasions. People get euphoric with the thought of going to US. They forget following things:
1. I am going to US to study. Uncle Sam is not waiting there for me with red carpet pulled.
2. I will have to start living independently, something I have not done for past 21 years of my life.
3. You get dues if you work hard, is the ultimate truth of life. It is applicable everywhere in the world (Amrika included). I won't be getting anything on silver platter.
4. US is no more a country which is 7 seas away from here.

Sorry for mocking all my well wishers. I just want to say take it easy. It is a usual affair. I know you love me, you hope for my best and I am very very grateful for that. :)

2 comments:

Ty_lol said...

Many people come to the states to study. Most foreign students think the American Schooling System's a joke. But it makes me wonder why they still fail?

Sankalp Shere said...

i personally DON'T think so. In effect, the kind of practical exposure we get here is amazing.
That's why I cam to US

Quote of the day