Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Rudeness & Simon Cowell

Currently I am reading this book - I don't mean to be rude, But... by Simon Cowell (Yes, the one who verbally assaults every contestant on American Idol, Britain's Got Talent etc.) The man admits that he is egotistic and somewhat harsh at times, but he also says that his being harsh brings contestants to the ground and they need somebody like him. I do agree with him, although I am aware how hard it could be for somebody facing his criticism.

Given everything, I like the style in which he has written the book. He writes whatever he feels about things, without being politically correct.

Another interesting thing is this is one of many books I think I will read till the end. Now a days, I don't finish many books I pick up. Also, I don't enjoy the work of fiction anymore. I don't know why? I started reading this book - Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri. But then got bored after sometime. Its basically a collection of short stories. Quite nice stories. But not so captivating, to me at least. May be, I prefer simple and straight words from real people over detailed fictional accounts of some quirky characters.

No comments:

Quote of the day