Sunday, March 11, 2012

Tribute to the Indian Wall!

I always looked at Rahul Dravid as Pete Sampras of India :) I know that I might be comparing apples with oranges, but I could not help finding some similarities between their appearance on and off the field/court.

I feel fortunate to be growing up watching sportsman like Rahul Dravid who not only greatly contributed to making India a winning side, but also kept Cricket a 'gentleman's game'. Technique, discipline and sportsmanship thy name is Rahul Dravid!

Wishing Jammy happiness and good luck for the rest of his life. Hopefully we will get to see him in future through an (auto)biography and as a cricket veteran.

Anyways, Following is one of his candid interviews from late 90's with Karan Thapar. It is amazing to see how focused and grounded he is!



Reference: Rahul Dravid recently announced his retirement from international cricket

Quote of the day